- Items & similar items linked at end of post -Cold climates around Autumn/Winter and even into Spring in the UK means that jeans are are a total staple in every girl's wardrobe.. but what about when jeans get just that bit too boring? Over the past few years I've been trying to build up a collection of coloured, patterned and (somewhat) edgy jeans which I think make Autumn/Winter outfits that bit more interesting.
This pair of khaki biker jeans were purchased from Missguided (now sold out, similar linked below) and they have very quickly become a favourite. I wore them with a very old tee from River Island, my favourite ASOS tie choker and leopard shoes from River Island. I love how casual the outfit is, yet the colour and detail of the biker jeans make it interesting. Here are a few of my tips for incorporating biker jeans into your everyday wardrobe;
1. Pair with a basic tee - Since biker jeans have a bit more going on than regular denim skinnies, try pairing them with a basic tee in a complimentary colour (think white, grey) and add a statement (or simple, if that's more your style) belt, necklace or bag.
2. Add chunky knitwear - When in doubt, add a chunky neutral-coloured jumper. Honestly, they work with any outfit and are an essential item in my wardrobe for those mornings that I opt for the extra 10 minutes in bed and have to resort to an easy, no-thought-required outfit. Add a long-sleeved tee underneath and a leather jacket on top, you'll be out the door in 5 minutes whilst looking like you made a lot more effort than you actually did and best of all, you'll be toasty all day.
3. Mix edgy with girly - Wearing a feminine blouse or shirt with biker jeans can help to incorporate more edgy vibes into your style even if the 'edgy look' is not 100% 'you'. There are endless ways around it. You could even add a button down shirt dress over the biker jeans and cinch at the waist with a chunky belt. Consider a sleeved floral chiffon shirt with a faux fur gilet on top paired with biker jeans - you'll be surprised at just how well the two different styles can work together.
4. Be bold - If you feel comfortable going for an edgy 'out there' look, why not throw on a statement coat (think bold patterns, leopard print etc) and your favourite pair of black chunky boots. Personally, I'd add a plain shirt underneath to keep a 'balance' in the outfit, but if mixing prints is your thing, go for it - there's no limit. I really look up to girls who go the extra mile with their outfit - it shows such confidence and courage.
SHOP THE LOOK
I'd love to know how you like to wear biker jeans. Has this post given you any inspiration? Let me know in the comments! You can also subscribe via Bloglovin' and follow me on Instagram to keep updated with fashion/beauty posts.
Thanks for reading as always x